Nordic Piano convention in Larvik Oct 13th – 16th.
This year’s convention will find place in a cozy little town located by the coast about 120 km south of Oslo (1,5hrs by car). It’s easy to get there, either with the Color Line ferry from Hirtshals directly to Larvik, Color Line Strömstad – Sandefjord, with plane either to Oslo Torp nearby, or by plane to Oslo Gardermoen (direct train connection from OSL to Larvik), and several possibilities by train or bus.
The convention will take place in a brand new hotel called Farris Bad (one of Europe’s largest and finest spa hotels). We will have all our meals here and most of the courses will be arranged in the hotel. The common gatherings will happen in the towns new cultural centre next to the hotel.
We have managed to get a very favourable deal with the hotel and therefore we can offer a package that is the same for everyone who wants to stay there:
– Breakfast buffet Friday, Saturday and Sunday
– Large lunch buffet that includes cold and warm courses, Friday and Saturday
– 3-course dinner Friday night
– 3-course banquet Saturday night
– Free access to the spa area during the stay
– Price for members: NOK: 4.950,- incl. course fee.
– Price for companions, apprentices and piano tuning students: NOK: 4.450,-
– Price for participants who are not members of any Europiano associated organizations: NOK 5.500,-
– Additional fee for single room, 3 nights: NOK: 995,-
Feel free to visit the hotels web page: www.farrisbad.no
The seminars will either collective for everyone in a large lecture room, or workshops in 4 smaller rooms in the hotel. It will be several practical courses with hands on opportunities.
This year’s main sponsor is Kawai from Japan. The will bring 5 grand pianos together with some of their best technicians (MPA’s – Master Piano Artisan’s) who will be to our disposal during the whole convention.
- Concert piano preparation. What shall we prioritize? MPA Takanori Otake, Kawai
- Consert voicing of Grand piano. Klavierbaumeister Karl-Heinz Habermann, Schimmel
- The use of ABS/Carbon in grand piano actions. History, research and service. Masaru Hamasaki, Europasjef Kawai
- How to communicate better with the pianist before the concert. MPA Takanori Otake, Kawai, together with concert pianist.
- Harpsichord servicing. (Tuning and basic repair any technician should be able to do). Arnfinn Nedland, harpsichord builder, Norway
- Filing hammerheads on used instruments. Dag Vene, Grøndahl Pianoservice ANS, Oslo
- Everything about felt bushings in action parts and keyboard. Dag Vene, Grøndahl Pianoservice ANS, Oslo
- Installation of new dampers on grand piano. MPA Takanori Otake, Kawai
- Complete installation of Dampp-Chaser Lifepiano System in grands and uprights, plus troubleshooting. Odd Aanstad, Norway/Sweden
- Polyester lacquer repairs. Per Øyvind Johansen, Aspheim Pianosenter AS, Norway
- Workshops, exhibitions and demonstrations by Knud Danielsen AS, Denmark
Welcome to Larvik!